Saturday, January 29, 2011

Checked it out

Today I went to my local Wal-Mart Super Store and checked out the light bulbs. It was quite a illuminating display. There were so many different types of light bulbs. Not all of them were made in China. I found two types of GE incandescent bulbs made in Mexico. I think they were made in Mexico; it was difficult for me to tell because so much of the information was in Spanish. All the CFLs were made in China, and most carried a warning label that they contain Mercury.

So, there it is, soon all American home, stores and companies will be lit by lights from China or Mexico. I wonder if Congress burnt much "midnight oil" coming up with those new energy requirements.

Oh, and we can not throw the old ones in the garbage as they would pollute the landfills.

By the way, I got an email telling me that when they do go bad, there is a possibility that they will catch fire. Sorry, Mr Edison, we have carried your good idea about as far as we can. To bad you and Henry Ford aren't around to get us out of this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment